When It Comes to Artificial Trees…
PROS of Artificial Christmas Trees
1. Convenience. Just grab the pieces from storage, snap them together and the tree is up and ready for trimming with lights and ornaments. You get to use it over and over for years to come.
2. Easy storage and maintenance. Bend branches, make it thinner, bag it up or place it in the box it came in and store it easily for next year.
3. Longer use during the season. You can set up an artificial Christmas tree as early as you want. You know how stores start putting up Christmas decorations before Halloween is even over? Now you can too! If that's your thing. Live trees have a short 'shelf life' so your fake tree can get you in the Christmas spirit at any time during the year. On the flip side, it can stay up until Valentine's day if you're too lazy to pack it up!
5. Consistency. You always will know how the tree will fit in the same spot year after year. Figuring out the size of the real tree you need in the space available in the house is always tricky when at the tree farm.
6. Ease of trimming. Over the years, artificial trees have changed from just a plain tree to trees with lights already on them or frosted with fake snow on the branches. Pre-lit trees certainly make trimming the tree easier.
7. No smell. This is big, as fragrance is a top reason people prefer live trees.
8. Room for storage. You must store them, which takes up space you may not have. Often, it is hard to fit them back in original boxes. They are cumbersome to lug up tight attic stairs or down basement stairs. They can take up quite a bit of space.
9. Aesthetics. Most artificial trees are not as full and voluminous as real trees.
10. Environmental concern. Artificial trees are made from nonrenewable petroleum. If one catches fire, it releases toxic fumes. Some contain metals and lead as well.
11. Fake looking appearance. I've never found this to be the case, but many say it is hard to retain the shape of artificial trees that have been bent tightly and stored all year in a box. I guess it would depend on the quality of tree that you purchased. Make sure to get a good one. Hopefully you'll have it for many years to come and the cost will be worth it.
12. The initial cost. Speaking of costs, artificial trees can be a big expense, with some of the bigger, pre-lit trees running into the hundreds of dollars. Of course, when you spread that out over the lifetime of the tree, it isn't much more than a real tree.
**Trees "R" Us, Inc. is a professional tree service in the Chicagoland area. We service the north shore, north suburbs and northwest suburbs of Chicago. Trees "R" Us, Inc. has 4 certified arborists on staff ready to assess your plants and tree care needs in a timely manner. Our services include tree trimming, pruning, stump grinding, emergency tree services, tree removal, cabling and bracing, fertilization and plant health care.
Trees "R" Us, Inc. can be contacted at 847-913-9069 or through our online forms atwww.treesrusinc.com.**