During the month of May you should do the following to keep your trees, landscape and lawn healthy and lush all season long.
- Activate sprinklers
- Mulch around flower and shrub beds to conserve moisture and keep down weeds. Organic Solutions, Inc. has the best mulch and prices in the Chicagoland area. They have a huge mulch sale going on right now which makes their prices even more affordable. They even offer organic mulch. Check out their website for more information.
- Mow lawn 2″ to 2.5” and never cut more than one-third of the growth.
- After May 20th, put out annuals and perennials.
- Spray for Mountain Pine Beetle.
- Spray for Ash Borer,
- Contact your local tree service, like Trees "R" Us, Inc. for professional grade sprays and for a complete plant health care plan.
- Any questions or concerns about your trees' health should be directed to an arborist. Your local tree service should have an arborist on staff. Trees "R" Us, Inc has 4 certified arborists on staff to address your concerns and questions about tree care.
Thanks for reading,